Our 2013 Christmas Concert will be hosted on Thursday, December 12th with shows at 1:30pm and 6:30pm. Thank you for returning the seating reply forms so promptly as it allowed us to determine our needs. As it turns out, we expect the same number of people for our afternoon show and evening show. In advance of the performance, please consider the following:
1. Students will be dismissed at 3pm from their classroom after the afternoon performance.
2. If you are attending the afternoon performance, we ask that you plan accordingly to ensure that your child can attend the evening show.
3. Students should be dropped off for the evening performance no earlier than 6:10pm and they can enter through the office or go directly to their outside classroom door.
4. Students will be supervised during the evening performance by their classroom teacher and parents can pick them up after the show.
5. We anticipate that the show will be 45-60 minutes in length and we ask our audience to stay in their seats until its conclusion.
6. Families are encouraged to walk to school for the performances as our parking lot does not accommodate many cars.
Our classes will be presenting a variety of songs connected to “Twas The Night Before Christmas”. There will be a few familiar tunes and some unique ones that address the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season. It should be a fun experience and we look forward to hosting you.
We are currently collecting non-perishable food items and wrapped toys for Deltassist. A number of boxes are already full but we hope to see that accumulation grow much larger. Any support you can provide would be greatly appreciate as we consider the needs of those in Delta who are less fortunate.
Our school met today for our December assembly. We had a guest speaker from the "B.C. Guide Dog Society" who introduced us to one of her dogs and answered a number of questions from students. We also discuss the notion of "consideration" with students and asked them to consider ways that they can help others in need. You can view our latest video here: https://vimeo.com/81147987 .
Our students and staff will be experiencing their first "reverse lunch" tomorrow (Dec. 6). Students will head outside at 12:03pm to play and come back in to eat at 12:38pm. We will see how this trial goes in December and determine whether we want to continue on Fridays or expand.
Thursday, Dec. 12th
1:30pm and 6:30pm
Friday, Dec. 13th
Grade 7 Band Concert
Monday, Dec. 16th
Report Cards Issued
Wednesday, Dec. 18th
Christmas Break Begins
3pm, Friday Dec. 20th
Hot Chocolate Served with Santa